Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a free and simple media player. It supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema is 100% free with no advertisements, so you can get straight to the good stuff and enjoy your media playback without distraction.
Key features include:
- Extremely lightweight.
- 100% free.
- No distractions.
- Custom toolbars.
- Supports all common video and audio file formats.
With Media Player Classic Home, you can now change the design of your media player with custom toolbars. There are a range to choose from to fit your aesthetic, and you can even upload your own toolbar images for others to use.
Overall, Media Player Classic Home is a great free, no-frills media player. If you're looking for something simple to use without hassle, we recommend you give this a go.
- Internal Subtitle Renderer: Convert colorspace of subtitles to match video.
- Append files to the playlist on drag&drop while holding “Control” key
- Enable Press and Hold gesture to make easier access to context menu on touch devices
- Add Danish translation
- Add ability to disable every time after playback event for current session by selecting “Do nothing” event in context menu.
- Support DTS Music Disc
- Add /randomize command-line switch for playlist randomization
- Allow to enable high precision timer also when Subresync bar is hidden. Right click on timer shows menu with options.
- DVB: Support HEVC broadcasts
- OSD: Add the ability to display the file name using a menu item and a hotkey (N by default)
- Subtitle renderer: Better compatibility with ASS/SSA subtitle files that are slightly violating the specs
- Rename “Display Stats” and “Reset Display Stats” features to “OSD: Display Renderer Statistics” and “OSD: Reset Renderer Statistics” so that their meaning is clearer in the “Keys” option panel. Also rename “Display Stats” to “Display Statistics” in the “Renderer Settings” menu
- Use internal LAV Splitter for demuxing WTV files
- Replace the minidump creation by Doctor Dump, a more advanced crash reporter. The new crash reporter is able to send the report automatically after the user’s approval and can warn the user if the problem has already been fixed in a newer version. It should also be generally more reliable than the old method
- Rename “Remaining Time” feature to “Display Current Time” in the “Renderer Settings” menu and to “OSD: Display Current Time” in the “Keys” option panel so that it describes the feature accurately
- Little CMS to v2.7 (git 6e33faa)
- Unrar to v5.2.7
- MediaInfoLib to v0.7.73
- ZenLib to v0.4.31
- SoundTouch to v1.9.0
- LAV Filters to v0.65.0.9:
* LAV Video Decoder: Faster DXVA decoding in copy-back mode (direct output mode)
* LAV Video Decoder: Support for HEVC Main10 DXVA2 decoding in copy-back mode
* LAV Audio Decoder: Support for native DTS-HD decoding using libdcadec
* LAV Video Decoder: Fix corrupted decoding of some HEVC files
* LAV Video Decoder: Improve DVD subtitles timeout in some cases
* LAV Splitter: Fix handling of some Blu-Ray playlist
- Basque, British English, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese translations
- EVR-CP/Sync renderers could produce wrong colors
- Do not mirror the status bar and the time indicator when using an RTL layout
- DVBSub: Fix a possible infinite loop when rendering corrupted subtitles
- Subfolders were sometimes parsed multiple times when drag-and-dropping a folder
- Haali Renderer: Fix XySubFilter support
- Cover image were sometimes incorrectly displayed
- Logitech LCD: MPC-HC crashed when the media duration was unknown
- PGS subtitles: MPC-HC could crash when rendering broken subtitles
- Playlist: Fix and improve the shuffle mode:
* Playback stopped after playing the last playlist item even if not all tracks had been played
* If the playlist was cleared and then the items readded, pressing next caused a crash
* The first item to play was always the first one in the playlist
* Going to the previous file used the playlist order instead of the shuffled order
* No tracks will be repeated unless all tracks have been played at least once
- Prevent the task bar buttons from being RTLed when Windows is configured to use RTL layout
- VSFilter: Fix PGS/DVB subtitles with different size than video frame
- Display OSD message for every time after playback event if once event is disabled
- Fix a rare crash when processing after playback event
- Fix a crash when specifying a non-existent monitor in the command line (/monitor)
- Improve the handling of RTL layout for dockable bars (Playlist, Subresync, etc.)
- “Information” panel was not showing new lines until window resize
- The auto fit factor could not be modified unless auto fit was used as auto-zoom
- The “Go to next/previous subtitle” feature did not work for some subtitles
- Dockable bars: Improve reloading of saved state
- The /nofocus command line option did nothing when starting MPC-HC
- If an explicit start time was set (for example from the command line or a favorite), the saved position wrongly overwrote the position of the previously opened file
- Use more common “kb/s” instead of “Kb/s” as bitrate unit
- Prevent the main window from stealing the mouse focus from the D3D fullscreen window when using always on top. It could cause unintentional mouse clicks in the hidden main window and prevented the mouse pointer from being correctly hidden
- Fix opening of shortcuts pointing on directories
- VobSub: The latest subtitle entry was sometimes not rendered
- Fix: The “Turn off monitor” after playback event did not work
- Fix the “DVD Menu Activate” hotkey
- the Internal Subtitle Renderer did not work properly when the maximum texture resolution was set to “Video” and the renderer was madVR
- Remote commands (WinLIRC, uICE) were incorrectly bounded to actions
- Fast seek (to key-frame) did not work when an external audio track was loaded