Kaspersky Anti-Virus is among the very best antivirus software available on the market. It delivers essential, real-time protection against all manner of threats. The app goes beyond standard virus protection to secure you against potentially hazardous malware such as spyware, root-kits, security exploits and ransomware.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus uses intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates in order to deliver real-time, efficient protection from the latest malware threats across the Internet.
Key Features include:
- Protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware.
- Scans files, email, and Internet traffic.
- Protects from unknown threats.
- Analyzes browser vulnerabilities.
- Disables links to malware/phishing sites.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Keylogger blocking.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that occurs, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
Overall, Kaspersky Anti-Virus maintains an superb level of protection, coupled with high performance and usability. The only downside we can see is that although the technical support is free, it isn't available 24/7. Apart from that, Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides excellent all-round protection, with a minimal impact on your system.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
# New in protection:
* Improved removal of incompatible applications during installation.
* Improved product activation.
* Protection against unknown threats has been improved with the help of System Watcher.
* The Kaspersky URL Advisor module has been enhanced.
* Improved compatibility of Kaspersky URL Advisor.
* Protection against phishing has been improved.
* File security detection.
* Technologies of rootkit detection.
* The impact of the application on the system performance has been optimized.
* The application’s efficiency has been improved.
* Intellectual system of updates downloading has been implemented.
* Touch-screen support is added.
* The function to view tasks execution has been implemented within Task Manager.
* Kaspersky Desktop Gadget has been significantly enhanced (for Windows Vista/7 only).
# New in interface:
* The main application window now displays all necessary information on your computer’s protection status, the active defense components, the up-to-dateness of the anti-virus databases, and the license period.
* Browsing of Kaspersky Lab news has become more convenient. The news provides information about events in the company, special auctions and discounts.
* Statistics of Kaspersky Security Network activity is now available from the main application window. This feature allows to see how effective the “Cloud” technologies function and how secure your computer is protected.