Jaspersoft Studio is the eclipse-based report designer for JasperReports and JasperReports Server. It is open source and free to use. With it, you can create sophisticated layouts that contain charts, images, sub-reports, crosstabs etc. Jaspersoft Studio allows you to access your data through JDBC, TableModels, JavaBeans, XML, Hibernate, CSV, and custom sources. You can then publish your reports as PDF, RTF, XML, XLS, CSV, HTML, XHTML, text, DOCX, or OpenOffice.
Jaspersoft Studio was designed with a single goal in mind; to provide users with the features from Jaspersoft Report Editor, available as a port of iReport Designer. As Jaspersoft Studio has its foundations built upon the Eclipse platform, it is a more complete solution that allows users to extend its capabilities and functionality.
Key features include:
- Repository explorer.
- Outline view.
- Report editing Area.
- Problems view.
- Designer palette.
- Properties view.
- Project explorer.
- Report State summary.
Jaspersoft Studio has a multi-tab editor to work with. There are three different tabs:
- Design is the main tab selected when you open a report file and it allows you to graphically create your report.
- Source contains the JRXML source code for your report.
- Preview lets you run the report preview after having selected a data source and output format.
Jaspersoft Studio is a comprehensive tool that offers a different perspective from that of iReport Designer. For those of you who have worked with Eclipse, you will be familiar with the user interface, while to new users the layout of the shown elements will appear somewhat different, but the functionality will remain.
* full support for JasperReports Library 6.2.0.
* RCP version is now based on Eclipse Mars 4.5.1.
* Highcharts library 4.1.8 (Professional edition).
* new HTML5 charts: SemiPie, TreeMap, Dual Measure TreeMap, One Parent TreeMap. (Professional edition).
* updated TIBCO Progress drivers (Professional edition).
* added TIBCO Progress driver for SparkSQL (Professional edition).
* JRS plugin, jdbc drivers uploading.
* SQL Query Editor, improved syntax.
* Google Maps, improved ui, form is used instead of key value tables.
* Google Maps, map preview improvements.
* Report Editor, added Grid Layout to arrange elements inside a container.
* Report Editor, added support for the C508 list tags and the new heading tags.
* Tibco Maps, improved ui, form widgets are reacher, validators added (Professional edition).
* Table, added property to have the columns always fill the available space.
* Table, added the column resize policy "next".
* Table, added automatic span calculation when grouping columns.
* Table Editor, improvments and stability fix.
* Composite Elements, added import export of the elements.
* CVC Component, new way to defined custom properties UI for contributed components using json.
* CVC Component, added new component chooser dialog to select ready to use components.
* CVC Component, added two new ready to use components: Figures and Radial Progress.