Halite is a free BitTorrent client that is based upon the popular libtorrent library. Halite has been developed in C++ and relies on portable C++ source libraries called Boost libraries to operate efficiently.
- Lightweight/ small footprint.
- Managed torrent queue.
- Support for Magnet URI and disk cache.
- Super-seeding and Web-seeds included.
- Support for protocol encryption.
- Full Unicode support.
- Minimize to tray option showing transfer rate.
- Support for 'Log-In' if the required.
- Create torrent files and edit trackers.
- Support for forwarding and port randomisation.
- Shutdown scheduler.
Halite is a simple, yet useful BitTorrent client that has a low memory footprint, a clean interface and is easy to use. It has lots of features such as file selection and/or file priority specifications, a managed torrent queue system, disk cache support, support for Magnet URI torrents, and super-seeding. It also has the ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent, and it has the ability to create torrent files. What more could you need?
*Note: Starting with version 0.4.0.1, Halite no longer runs on Windows XP.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 0.4.0.4 of Halite. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.