Halite is a free BitTorrent client that is based upon the popular libtorrent library. Halite has been developed in C++ and relies on portable C++ source libraries called Boost libraries to operate efficiently.
- Lightweight/ small footprint.
- Managed torrent queue.
- Support for Magnet URI and disk cache.
- Super-seeding and Web-seeds included.
- Support for protocol encryption.
- Full Unicode support.
- Minimize to tray option showing transfer rate.
- Support for 'Log-In' if the required.
- Create torrent files and edit trackers.
- Support for forwarding and port randomisation.
- Shutdown scheduler.
Halite is a simple, yet useful BitTorrent client that has a low memory footprint, a clean interface and is easy to use. It has lots of features such as file selection and/or file priority specifications, a managed torrent queue system, disk cache support, support for Magnet URI torrents, and super-seeding. It also has the ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent, and it has the ability to create torrent files. What more could you need?
*Note: Starting with version 0.4.0.1, Halite no longer runs on Windows XP.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 0.4.0.4 of Halite. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.