Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others.
Google Earth's features include:
See global changes with decades of historic imagery
If you've ever wondered how your neighborhood has changed throughout time, Google Earth now gives you access to the past. With a simple click, check out suburban sprawl, melting ice caps, coastal erosion, and more.
Dive beneath the surface of the ocean
In the new ocean layer, you can plunge all the way to the floor of the sea, view exclusive content from partners like BBC and National Geographic, and explore 3D shipwrecks like the Titanic.
Track and share your paths with others
Take placemarks a step further and record a free-form tour in Google Earth. Simply turn on the touring feature, press record, and see the world. You can even add a soundtrack or narration to personalize the journey.
- We have included another fix for the unified_cache_leveldb_leveldb2 directory filling beyond specified cache limits for some Windows and Macintosh users.
- Imagery no longer stays blurry upon zooming in when the cache is full.
- Certain NVIDIA cards, notably the GeForce 6600, 6800 and 7950, no longer suffer corrupted text or navigation controls in DirectX mode.
- Font and tilt settings now stick between sessions.
- Balloon opens now display when recording tours.
- We have included UI improvements to Flight Simulator.
- When printing, the scale legend now displays correct distances.
- Collada models now display with uncorrupted textures.
- Polygons and image overlays now display correctly across the Antimeridian.
- We fixed an issue with certain GPU - driver combinations whereby no imagery displayed in the client.
- The time slider in Sun and Historical Imagery features now displays the correct Daylight Savings time.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- [Pro] Artifact .avi files are no longer created when rendering movies from tours on Windows. [Pro] Calculating a Viewshed in parts of the southern hemisphere no longer displays an error.
- [Pro] The scale legend in the print flow no longer disappears when view is tilted, nor does it change between high-, medium- and low-quality prints