DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
* Fixed crash when pressing F1 twice
* [L#203213] Search results with same tth are grouped
* [L#209419] Keep nick when user goes offline
* [L#208615] Fix finished frames being spammed by segments (thanks poy)
* Fixed a potential loss of connection with compressed transfers
* Fixed crash on shell menu when browsing own file list (poy)
* Help updates (emtee, poy, bsod, pseudonym)
* [L#217878] Use system messages for file errors on nix (thanks individ)
* [L#185549] Fix connection hang on local hub connection
* [L#226188] Fix small chunks uploaded without slot (thanks pseudonym)
* [L#228059] Fix UI not updating after "Find" in a file list window yields no result (poy)
* Fixed invisible menu items in large owner-drawn menus (poy)
* [L#230972] Copy any field of hubframe userlist to clipboard (cologic)
* Prevent transfer tabs from being closed (poy)
* [dwt] Improved richedit support (thanks cologic)
* [L#228285] No "beep" sound when starting a search with the enter key (poy)
* Upgraded to OpenSSL 0.9.8h (poy)
* [L#237396] Fix crash when segmented downloads are switched off (thanks bigmuscle)
* [L#238333] Fix a possible remote crash on partial file list requests (thanks crise)
* [L#238522] Make translations work with wide path names (poy)
* Extra mouse buttons can be used to switch between tabs (poy)
* Fixed Alt+key combinations in the file list window (poy)
* Added a drop-down menu next to the toolbar icon for favorite hubs (poy)
* [L#237682] Fix bug that would make DC++ not return correct search results
* Fixed directories not being returned when searching for directories only
* Fix wrong default settings in some cases (poy)
* Fixed favorite hubs & ADLSearch windows scrolled down when opened (emtee)
* Fix removal of multiple favorite users at the same time (poy)
* Double-click on status bars to open corresponding log files (poy)
* The number of filtered items shown in public hubs (emtee)
* [L#225592] Fix file corruption when partially downloaded file is corrupted (part emtee)
* [L#239793] Automagically retry if coral fails (thanks emtee)
* Updated Icelandic, Greek, Polish, Turkish, German, Finnish, Chinese, Slovak,
Arabic, Norwegian, Dutch, Ukranian, Czech, Spanish, Estonian, Brazilian,
Hungarian, French, UK English, Romanian, Hebrew, Swedish, Russian,
Portuguese and Slovenian translations (thanks to the respective translators)
* [L#228271] Right-click selects user in waiting users
* [L#235852] Add 1000 mbit upload speed