DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
This release brings new :
A lot of stability improvement, starting from crashes to bugs and so on.
Also, some visual improvements like new menu types.
Segmented downloading new separate window for each downloading file, and a new connection window for each chunk
Language files now use gettext and they are included in the distribution for the major languages
Tabs drag& dropping and tooltips
Updated links so that you have any problem, you can easily find the answer now.
-- 0.705 2008-03-14 --
* Several patches for better *nix compatibility of the core (thanks steven sheehy et al)
* Improve segmented download implementation
* Fix search request ip when using multiple ip's (thanks stanislav maslovski)
* Fixed a crash when right-clicking in own file list
* [ADC] Searches filtered by token if available so that each search window only gets its own results
* [ADC] Implemented test version of bloom filters which will dramatically reduce hub bandwidth usage for TTH searches
* Fixed a crash with partial list browsing
* Replaced homegrown i18n solution with gettext (thanks david grundberg, mikejj)
* Fixed an issue with nick encodings and nmdc connections (thanks stanislav maslovski)
* Added download view which shows per-file download information
* Chat timestamps on by default
* Added tab drag/drop (thanks poy)
* Changed Pothead to mikejj
* Fixed search spy crash
* Upgraded to bzip 1.0.4 (thanks mikejj)
* Tab tooltips (thanks poy)
* [L#185724] Allow spaces in the description field (poy)
* [L#180321] [ADC] Handle third person formatting (thanks poy)
* [L#186429] Fix right-click issue when chat history is long (thanks poy)
* [L#188107] In waiting users, show requested chunk (since we can't know % done)
* [L#188585] Fixed crash when download connection was disconnected before any data was received
* Fixed crash due to race condition on idle check (thans bigmuscle)
* Fixed crash when copying identity
* Fixed potential timer race condition (thanks bigmuscle)
* The good parts of partially downloaded segments are now added to queue (thanks bigmuscle)
* Fancy menus (thanks poy)
* [L#180321] [ADC] Added /me handling (thanks poy)
* [L#187288] Fixed issues with scrolling (thanks poy)
* [L#190463] Fixed re-add sources showing wrong sources (thanks poy)
* [L#190469] Fixed kick message filtering (thanks mikejj)
* version.xml now use Coral (ullner)
* [ADC] Number of files counts unique files when sending stats to hub
* [ADC] Fixed kick handling
* [L#190955] Fixed 100% on remove all sources in queue
* Fixed a few hardcoded dc++'s (thanks steven sheehy)
* Don't always show the tray icon after killing and re-opening explorer.exe (poy)
* Updated links (thanks pietry)
* Fixed clicking on active tab (poy)
* [L#195209] Fixed tabbing in hub windows (poy)
* [L#195209] Fixed Ctrl+F that opens favorite hubs (poy)
* [L#194696] Fixed small memory leak
* Some unix compile fixes (thanks pavel andreev and yakov suraev)
* [L#199192] [NMDC] Fixed crash on empty private message
* [L#198416] Fixed crash when closing the download queue (poy)