Comodo Rescue Disk (CRD) is a free bootable Antivirus program that is able to check for viruses, malicious registry keys, root-kits, and more before your computer even starts up as it has been designed to scan your system in a pre-boot environment.
The app is intended to be used when dangerous malware has embedded itself so deeply into your system that standard antivirus software is not able to remove it. Comodo Rescue Disk is extremely effective at removing infections, which prevent the Windows operating system from booting up.
Key Features include:
- On-demand malware scanner discovers root-kits and other hidden threats.
- Extremely efficient malware removal routines thoroughly clean infected computers.
- Automatically downloads latest virus signatures.
- Comprehensive event logs provide detailed overview of malware activity.
- Requires no installation and can be launched direct from removable media.
- Can be operated in either GUI or text mode.
- Ensures a PC is clean before proceeding onto OS installation.
- Intuitive user interface.
The interface for Comodo Rescue Disk is very familiar and actually resembles its desktop counterpart, so most users will find it easy to work with. Usefully, it can provide a comprehensive and rigorous scan because it cleans your system before the operating system is loaded.
Overall, Comodo Rescue Disk is an great addition to any security toolkit and is a great complement to Comodo’s own Antivirus software. It includes tools that allow you to explore files and take screenshots as well.
Minimum hardware requirements, of either a 32-bit or 64-bit OS: Intel Pentium II 233 MHz or equivalent processor, with a minimum RAM requirement of 512 MB, and 210 MB hard disk space. Supported operating systems include: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 2.0.261647.1 of Comodo Rescue Disk. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.