Aryson BKF Recovery is a program designed to solely fix corrupt BKF files and restore the contents with a minimum amount of effort on behalf of the user.
The .BKF file extension is the file extension type of the Windows Backup Utility used primarily by older legacy versions of Windows such as Windows XP Pro, and Windows NT. (remember them?)
The backup utility was, (depending on who you speak to,) quite good for its time. BKF files however have quite an alarming tendency to corrupt themselves, and Windows itself wasn’t all that great at helping you fix them when it ran into trouble. Aryson BKF Recovery is a definite contender for helping should you suddenly find your backup files in need of help.
Aryson BKF Recovery also supports recovery of BKF files created by NTBackup as well as Symantec Backup Exec. Recovering and fixing both of these file types can also be done with ease.
Despite the somewhat ominous technical sounding name, Aryson BKF Recovery can be used by just about anybody that can use a mouse and keyboard. Installation and download are quick and easy, and the interface is clean, easy to use, and looks good.
Key Features of Aryson BKF Recovery include:
- Supports BKF files created by Windows NTBackup & Symantec Backup Exec.
- Supports complete recovery and/or partial recovery of corrupt BKF file.
- Successful repair of unlimited BKF files of up to 1 Terabyte.
- Use Search option to locate and save particular file(s) from recovered data.
- Standard and Advanced Scanning mode to recover corrupt BKF files accurately.
- Tree Structure Preview for keeping the original folder hierarchy of recovered BKF files.
- Feature to preview 200 different file formats.
- Rename the BKF file folders for easy access.
Overall then, Aryson BKF Recovery 17 is simple and easy to use. Notably, Aryson BKF Recovery 17 is also non-destructive of the original data it searches, and will cause no alteration or changes to the original BKF files it scans.
The demo version available here comes with the caveat that recovered data is unable to be saved. At least you’ll know though whether lost or corrupted data in your BKF can be salvaged before you buy though, which is, we suppose, worth something.