WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
German translation updated.
Back-propagated some improvements and fixes from 5.10-5.10.2 beta releases:
SSH core and private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.69. It brings the following change: WinSCP should work with MIT Kerberos again, after DLL hijacking defences broke it.
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2l.
Allow using 64-bit version of PuTTY (and its tools), when available.
XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.1.
Bug fix: Scripting open command without arguments issued irrelevant warning about use of stored site.
Bug fix: Generated code uses TransferOptions.Speed instead of TransferOptions.SpeedLimit.