Spamihilator works between your E-Mail client and the Internet and examines every incoming E-Mail. Useless spam mails (Junk) will be filtered out. This process runs completely in the background.
The Learning Filter (Bayesian Filter) uses the rules of Thomas Bayes (English mathematician, 18th century) and calculates a certain Spam-Probability for every E-Mail. You can train this filter! So it will know your messages even better than you. Hence the recognition rate will continuously increase.
The program works with almost every E-Mail client, such as Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Express, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix Mail, Opera, etc... It supports POP and IMAP accounts, as well as secure connections.
Spam Recognition Filters:
- The Learning Filter recognizes more than 98% of all incoming spam mails. Use the Training Area, to increase the recognition rate continuously.
- You can also specify certain words, that often appear in spam mails. The Spam-Word-Filter will look for these words.
- The Link Filter searches incoming messages for links to spam websites.
- The DCC-Filter connects with the DCC Network to recognize unsolicited bulk mail.
* Support for UTF-8 encoded mails
* Improved message parsing for more accurate spam recognition
* Added dialog to test filter settings and priorities
* Support for arbitrary IMAP flags
* Improved user interface
- Optional column showing a mail’s recipient in Training Area and Recycle Bin
- Configurable columns for sender and recipient in Training Area and Recycle Bin
- Add domains to the list of friends or blocked senders directly from Training Area and Recycle Bin
- Added quick search for messages to Training Area and Recycle Bin
- Possibility to search the lists of friends and blocked senders in the settings dialog
* Improved Rule filter
- Added possibility to manually prioritize rules
- Optional automatic priorization of rules
* Improved Newsletter plugin
- Newsletter plugin is now able to let through newsletters from a certain sender address
* Improved support for 32 bit plugins under the 64 bit version of Spamihilator
* Support for large system fonts
* Support for remote desktop connections