SeaMonkey 2.7 Beta 1
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
* HTML5 videos now feature Show Statistics and Save Snapshot As in their context menus.
* Add-ons that are installed into the shared user and shared system areas now get disabled by default. If you schedule a new add-on for installation by copying it to the profile's extensions folder, a new in-content UI appears now.
* Sync dialogs should now persist their position.
* Sync dialogs look more similar now.
* The MailNews Advanced Search dialog now supports keys for marking as read, flagged or tagged.
* Internet searches started from the context menu now open in a new tab (as opposed to a new window) by default.
* The Add-ons Manager and Data Manager now open according to Link Behavior preferences (i.e. in a window if the user chose so).
* The default theme supports small icons for the Address Book toolbar now.
* Custom news message filters support "doesn't contain" and "isn't" now.