Password Safe 3.29
Password Safe allows you to manage your old passwords and to easily and quickly generate, store, organize, retrieve, and use complex new passwords, using password policies that you control. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references - for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
# New Features
* Empty Groups are now persistent (previously a group with no entries would 'disappear' if the database was locked or closed).
* The Last Modified and Password Modified date/times are initially set to show the entry's creation time, instead of being blank.
* When comparing databases, you can now display of the details of the entries' differences in the results dialog by right-click -> compare selected entries.
* You can now cancel a long running Compare, Merge or Synchronize database operation. Note: You should check the operation's report file to see if the operation was indeed cancelled. If not, you can undo it as all operations).
* Portuguese (Brazil) installation instructions added, thanks to Andreas.
# Bugs fixed
* Find now only highlights/select the found entry.
* Password Expiration Date now correctly set when using intervals.
* Paste into the Notes field (Add or Edit entry) is now always in plain text.
* When generating passwords (Ctrl-P), the user is no longer prompted to save changes when pressing Esc if they have selected a Named Password Policy but not generated a password.
* Custom special symbol set now handled correctly in Generate Password dialog box.
* All date/time fields in the List view are now displayed using the user's "short date" format as specified via the Windows Control Panel "Region and Language" tab.
* Fixed crash with Generate Password switching to default policy with > 1 named policy.
* Add Group now works again.
* Password History is now correctly repaired if found in error during the automatic Validate on database open.
* Editing an entry's Notes using an external editor no longer adds blank lines and fully supports non-Latin characters.
* Test selected password policy now reflects any edits done to the policy.
* Notes Word Wrap during edit now works again.