Netscape 9.0 Beta 2
AOL stopped development of the Netscape browser in February 2008 so is no longer officially supported.
Netscape Browser provides more security options, streamlines more standard browsing tasks and arms internet users with more timesaving solutions to their browsing needs.
Quickly view the status of security protection provided by the Netscape Browser. The browser will automatically let you know when there is a problem.
Spyware & Adware Protection
The Netscape Browser provides real time Spyware scanning when you download files from the web. You may also run memory and disk scans for Spyware protection and prevention.
The Netscape Browser takes the mystery out of Real Simple Syndication (RSS) and allows you to read and manage RSS feeds without the need of a separate news reader application.
Create more than one profile to keep your bookmarks and passcards safe from other users. If you have a family, create a profile for your children and make use of the parental controls feature.
Tabbed browsing lets you have multiple web pages open in one window. This feature is great for organizing and freeing up desktop space because it files your web pages in a series of tabs.
The new Netscape Browser gives you more ways to make your browser secure.
* Added URL as a tooltip to Linkpad entries
* Added "Reload" to the FAS and Tracker sidebar context menus
* Closing the last tab will now close the browser window
* Fixed the CFBundleSignature on the Mac DMG
* Fixed bug when removing the location bar while customizing the toolbar
* Various fixes to in-browser voting
* Various performance fixes