Inno Setup 5.1.14
Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers in feature set and stability.
- Support for all versions of Windows in use today: Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000, Me, 98, 95, and NT 4.0. (No service packs are required.)
- Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows. Both the x64 and Itanium architectures are supported. (On the Itanium architecture, Service Pack 1 or later is required on Windows Server 2003 to install in 64-bit mode.)
- Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
- Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface.
- Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom.
- Complete uninstall capabilities.
- Installation of files: Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA file compression. The installer has the ability to compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX's and type libraries, and install fonts.
- Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop.
- Creation of registry and .INI entries.
- Integrated Pascal scripting engine.
- Support for multilingual installs.
- Support for passworded and encrypted installs.
- Silent install and uninstall.
- Full source code is available (Borland Delphi 2.0-5.0).
* Updated the LZMA SDK compression code to version 4.49. This version adds
support for multi-threading, which can speed up the compression process by
50% or more on systems with multiple processor cores, and 20% or more on
systems with single-core Intel processors featuring Hyper-Threading
* Added new CompressionThreads [Setup] section directive.
* Fix: When cleaning the output directory, the compiler would not only
delete files matching OutputBaseFilename-*.bin, but files matching
OutputBaseFilename-*-*.bin as well.