Gnuplot is a portable command-line driven graphing utility for Windows, Linux, OS/2, OSX, VMS, and many other platforms.
Gnuplot is able to generate both 2D and 3D plots; delivering the results in animated views. You can also save the graphs to a variety of image formats, including PNG, SVG, JPEG and EPS.
Supported outputs include:
- Interactive screen display: cross-platform (Qt, wxWidgets, x11) or system-specific (MS Windows, OS/2).
- Direct output to file: postscript (including eps), pdf, png, gif, jpeg, LaTeX, metafont, emf, svg..
- Web display formats: HTML5, svg.
Gnuplot was originally created to allow scientists and students to visualize mathematical functions and data interactively, but it has grown to support many non-interactive uses such as web scripting. It is also used as a plotting engine by third-party applications such as Octave.
- CHANGE minimum linewidth of all cairo terminals is now 0.2 pt
- CHANGE in-line datablock lines are not limited to 1024 characters
- CHANGE do not truncate or renumber history items in the active session
- CHANGE (Windows only) open piped output using mode "wb" rather than "w"
- CHANGE backport 5.1 use of "lc variable" to color boxplot factors
- CHANGE gnuplot_svg.js now remaps coords for svg image embedded in larger object
- CHANGE disallow "set palette maxcolors 1" (which has never worked)
- CHANGE data-input errors in "stats" now generate a warning rather than an error
- FIX placement of objects and labels using linked secondary axis coordinates
- FIX 'set term qt <N> close' acts immediately rather than after next mouse event
- FIX emf terminal could lose track of bold/italic/etc font properties
- FIX emf terminal text placement of UTF-8 strings
- FIX regression that caused "set log x; plot '-'; replot" to mess up autoscaling
- FIX regression in v5 that mangled 3D arrows defined by "from ... rto ..."
- FIX transposition of row/column count in plotting ascii x/y/z data "with image"
- FIX 7-column input to "splot ... with vectors"
- FIX ignore incomplete "every" spec for image plots
- FIX placement of xyplane does not depend on having tics or grid lines enabled
- FIX early program exit on replot+resize with inline data
- FIX bad plot iteration with negative increment, e.g. plot for [i=9:1:-1] foo(i)
- FIX smoothed curves could not be plotted as filledcurves; now they can be
- FIX win terminal apply color to enhanced text