FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* Upgrade: Now 'Movies' or 'My Videos' folder is included by default on new installs since we now have a built-in video player.
* Upgrade: The Smart Search engine can now be disabled. No torrents will be indexed and no search against the local database will be performed if disabled.
* UI fix: Video Player Window Title now shows the file name being played.
* UI fix: Library > "Finished Downloads" renamed to "Default Save Folder"
* UI fix: When browsing another device on the Wi-Fi network newest shared files are shown at the top of the table.
* Bug fix: On first installation FrostWire wasn't able to add 'From Devices' folder to the Library.
* Bug fix: When restoring default settings FrostWire was not restoring default library folders.
* Bug fix: Player remembers volume level from last song played.
* Bug fix: Sends correct file sizes on HTTP headers for shared files that have changed in size after being shared.
* Bug fix: Repeat media play setting with only one item.
* Bug fix: New mime detector based on a bigger table.
* Bug fix: Video player doesn't skip frames when resuming from pause.
* Bug fix: Video player doesn't move frames when paused and volume slider is being moved.
* Bug fix: Dropping a .torrent starts a download and doesn't ask to send to a friend.
* Bug fix: (Windows) can delete files that are being played or seeded from the Library.
* Bug fix: (Mac) compatibility with Mac OSX 10.5.x restored.
* Bug fix: (Windows) media player can open files with long paths.
* Bug fix: prevents NPE when opening a .torrent and trying to show icons when the file system chooser wasn't available.