eMule is a filesharing client which is based on the eDonkey2000 network but offers more features than the standard client.
- Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad) Kad is now in an open testphase.
- eMule's Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
- eMule is completely free. eMule is also completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect. We do this for fun and knowledge, not for money.
- Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
- The eMules Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
- Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
- The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed. For video previewing, we recommend the Video Lan Client.
- The eMule features webservices and a webserver that allows you to have quick access to and from the internet.
- You can create categories for your download to organize them.
- To find the file you want, eMule offers a wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers (Local, and Global), web based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha).
- eMule also allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible.
- With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
- With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
- Jul, 28. 2008 -
.: Added deleting of single entries from AutoComplete drop down lists by pressing the DEL key.
.: Added a new search method option "Automatic" which lets eMule choose which search method to use. eMule will select either Servers (Local) or Kad, based on which network we are connected to and some other indicators if connected to both networks.
.: Removed a general exception handler for the Beta version. This means eMule crashes instead of ignoring unexpected errors, which however is needed so we actually can find such bugs (if any exist) in the crashdumps.