eMule 0.48A Beta 2
eMule is a filesharing client which is based on the eDonkey2000 network but offers more features than the standard client.
- Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad) Kad is now in an open testphase.
- eMule's Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
- eMule is completely free. eMule is also completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect. We do this for fun and knowledge, not for money.
- Each file checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
- The eMules Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
- Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
- The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed. For video previewing, we recommend the Video Lan Client.
- The eMule features webservices and a webserver that allows you to have quick access to and from the internet.
- You can create categories for your download to organize them.
- To find the file you want, eMule offers a wide range of search possibilities which include: Servers (Local, and Global), web based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha).
- eMule also allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible.
- With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online.
- With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
Ornis: Changed to wizzard to set file proper file permission on installed config files
.: Fixed another Bug in the SourceExchange, which caused eMule to not response to requests in certain cases [Xman1]
.: Sorting for cumulative stats in the sharedfiles list is now properly remembered when restarting eMule
.: The "Disable UDP" and Enable "Kad" options now exclude eachother [leuk_he]
.: Fixed a bug in UPnP when the UDP port has been disabled by the user [leuk_he]
.: IRC optional serverports should work prorperly now
.: Fixed a bug in IRC when receiving ed2k links from other users
.: Added a excess flood protection for eMule IRC responses
.: The Spam indicator icon has been replaced [icon by Daan]
.: The first time wizzard is now using the proper ports when testing UPnP in case a user has changed the ports in the wizzard
.: Fixed eMule (error-)handling for files whose paths exceed the operation system pathlength limit
.: If eMule started the Windows UPnP Service but failed to forward ports via UPnP it will shutdown the service afterwards
.: Added an option to disable smileys
.: Fixed a small memleak in the smileyselector window