CudaText for Mac is a cross-platform text editor that provides an array of plugins to support features such as code snippets, color picker, and macros. The app even comes with a simple module to help in the development of new plugins as well.
Key Features include:
- Code folding.
- Code tree structure.
- Find/Replace with regex.
- Plugins in Python language. Plugins can do lot of things.
- Configs in JSON. Lexer specific configs.
- Tabbed UI.
- Split each tab.
- Split view for 2/3/4/6 files.
- Simple auto-completion (fixed list) for some Lexers.
- Command palette (ST3 style).
- Minimap (ST3 style).
- Show unprinted whitespace.
- Support for many encodings.
- Customizable hotkeys.
CudaText for Mac has some great features for developers, such as syntax highlighting and HTML/ CSS support, with autocompletion, HTML color codes underline, picture viewing, code folding, and code tree structure etc.
In conclusion, CudaText for Mac is a solid Notepad replacement app that has some powerful functions tucked away. It is lightweight and easy to learn and use.
+ add: Ctrl+Tab shows new dialog, which cycles through tabs in recently used order; it's controlled by new option "ui_tab_switcher_dialog"
+ add: Emojis are rendered better
+ add: Windows: place IME window near caret, close IME window on click in text
+ add: Windows: system log off is handled (current session is saved)
+ add: command "switch tab, to next"
+ add: command "switch tab, to previous"
+ add: command "switch tab, simply to next"
+ add: command "switch tab, simply to previous"
+ add: command "switch tab, dialog"
+ add: command "switch tab, to recent"
- fix: High-DPI on Linux
- fix: focused groups 2..6 were not detected for statusbar/title update
- fix: Ctrl+Tab didn't work in floating groups