CudaText is a cross-platform text editor that provides an array of plugins to support features such as code snippets, color picker, and macros. The app even comes with a simple module to help in the development of new plugins as well.
Key Features include:
- Code folding.
- Code tree structure.
- Find/Replace with regex.
- Plugins in Python language. Plugins can do lot of things.
- Configs in JSON. Lexer specific configs.
- Tabbed UI.
- Split each tab.
- Split view for 2/3/4/6 files.
- Simple auto-completion (fixed list) for some Lexers.
- Command palette (ST3 style).
- Minimap (ST3 style).
- Show unprinted whitespace.
- Support for many encodings.
- Customizable hotkeys.
CudaText has some great features for developers, such as syntax highlighting and HTML/ CSS support, with autocompletion, HTML color codes underline, picture viewing, code folding, and code tree structure etc.
In conclusion, CudaText is a solid Notepad replacement app that has some powerful functions tucked away. It is lightweight and easy to learn and use.
+ add: much improved memory usage by lexer engine (1.5...1.8 less memory on 2M+ size files)
+ add: much improved scrolling speed on big files with lexer (3M+ size)
+ add: preinstalled plugin "Snippet Panel"
+ add: TreeHelpers are handled by built-in code, and CudaTree plugin is obsolete - you must remove it (later plugin will be removed from Addon Manager)
* change: during text/folding change, editor is repainted more often, this helps to solve issue when command "Fold all" doesn't update screen
+ add: lexer C improved: better code-tree