CudaText is a cross-platform text editor that provides an array of plugins to support features such as code snippets, color picker, and macros. The app even comes with a simple module to help in the development of new plugins as well.
Key Features include:
- Code folding.
- Code tree structure.
- Find/Replace with regex.
- Plugins in Python language. Plugins can do lot of things.
- Configs in JSON. Lexer specific configs.
- Tabbed UI.
- Split each tab.
- Split view for 2/3/4/6 files.
- Simple auto-completion (fixed list) for some Lexers.
- Command palette (ST3 style).
- Minimap (ST3 style).
- Show unprinted whitespace.
- Support for many encodings.
- Customizable hotkeys.
CudaText has some great features for developers, such as syntax highlighting and HTML/ CSS support, with autocompletion, HTML color codes underline, picture viewing, code folding, and code tree structure etc.
In conclusion, CudaText is a solid Notepad replacement app that has some powerful functions tucked away. It is lightweight and easy to learn and use.
+ add: preinstalled plugin "Sort".
+ add: added toolbar sub-menu with "Change case" actions
+ add: added toolbar sub-menu with "Comment/Uncomment" actions.
+ add: added toolbar sub-menu with "Sort" actions.
+ add: speedup rendering when lot of color-attributes (Editor.attr) added.
* change: history file now stores percent sizes of groups, not pixel sizes (sizes history will reset one time).
- fix: autocompletion: disabled auto-show inside comments/strings; other issues.
- fix: all installed plugins (400+ command items) gave misfunction.
- fix: clicking tab on inactive group must focus it.
- fix: rare crash on dragging scrollbar (Windows).
+ add: lexer Markdown improved: speedup.
+ add: lexer reStructuredText improved: many fixes.
+ add: lexer C++ improved: support ## in ident name.