AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 10.1 Vista
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Vista.
# Performance Improvements
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.1:
* Left 4 Dead 2 â€“ Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 series products
* Crysis â€“ Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 series products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 series products
# All Systems
* Confirmation dialog box will now appear while extending the display through ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center
* "Enable Manual Fan Control" check box will now be checked when utilizing external tools to apply fan speed
* [ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center] The display order will now reflect changes properly when Eyefinity is re-arranged while desktop is rotated to portrait mode
* Hot unplugging one of the displays in an Eyefinity configuration no longer causes rotation modes to disappear from ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center
# Windows Vista
* Changing basic color settings will now reflect properly during playback with Adobe Flash Player using Internet Explorer or Firefox
* The right side of HD progressive playback screen will no longer freeze while enabling split screen mode and dynamic contrast
* Green horizontal line no longer visible at the top of the playback window when viewing SD HQV content with desktop resolution set to 25x16
# Windows 7
* [ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center] Enabling LCD Overdrive will no longer cause mouse cursor to magnify when moved overtop of the "Calibration Preview"
* DisplayPortâ„¢ "Lower Setting Applied" and "Link Failure" messages will no longer appear after driver installation and reboot with DP displays connected to the mini DP port
* Firefox now works properly and video no longer drop frames when playing Youtube clips with Adobe Flash Player 10
* CrossFireâ„¢ logo now appears properly in CFX enabled applications like "3DMark Vantage" or "Call of Juarez"
* [ATI Catalystâ„¢ Control Center] Newly added custom modes will now appear properly in desktop area tree view
* Confirmation dialogue window will now appear when setting up Eyefinity mode
* 120 Hz is no longer missing from display modes for specific digital displays
* Specific configurations will no longer cause Ubisoft "Wheelman" to stop responding during gameplay
* Loss of HDMI signal may no longer occurs when viewing Blu-ray content, and rescanning for the HDMI signal no longer cause the entire screen to shift and display a green border
* Overscan/underscan issue no longer occurs when setting displays to HDTV modes
* Performance drop no longer observed during some scenes of Resident Evil 5 cinematics
* Blocky grass and trees no longer visible in Unigine "Heaven" in OpenGL mode