TortoiseSVN is a really easy to use Revision control / version control / source control software for Windows. It is based on Subversion. TortoiseSVN provides a nice and easy user interface for Subversion.
It is developed under the GPL. Which means it is completely free, including the source code. But just in case you don't know the GPL too well: you can use TortoiseSVN to develop commercial applications or just use it in your company without any restrictions.
Since it's not an integration for a specific IDE like Visual Studio, Eclipse or others, you can use it with whatever development tools you like.
As a Subversion client, TortoiseSVN has all the features of Subversion itself, including:
- Most current CVS features.
- Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned.
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations.
- Efficient handling of binary files.
- BUG: wrong parameter when showing diff.
- BUG: user hook scripts not loaded and saved correctly.
- BUG: merge error "Invalid 'conflict_result' argument".
- BUG: Crash when providing a client certificate file.
- BUG: Assert when creating a unified diff.
- BUG: Crash when parsing urls from the command line.
- BUG: Crash when closing progress dialog early.
- BUG: Sort state is lost when refreshing the status list control.
- BUG: Ribbon system menu not working.
- BUG: renaming in repo browser shows empty cell.
- BUG: include svnmucc in the installer.
- BUG: "restore after commit" must restore on cancel as well.
- BUG: Repo browser stops showing items in the list view.
- BUG: Subclassing static control can fail.
- BUG: repo browser shows context menu for SVNParentPath item.
- BUG: Crash in log dialog editing message.
- BUG: Log message editor always use antialiased fonts.
- BUG: SubWCRev aborts if date template is wrong.
- BUG: Vendorbranch feature needs safeguards.
- BUG: Annoying dialog when closing TortoiseMerge.
- BUG: VersionCheck = false not working like it should.
- BUG: Property diff shown in reverse.
- BUG: wrong tab order in cleanup dialog.
- BUG: old-style reintegrate merge: disable record-only option.
- BUG: Crash in TMerge when copying text.
- CHG: Remove reintegrate merge page from merge wizard.
- BUG: statistics button stays disabled when filter is cleared.
- BUG: TortoiseMerge fails to detect utf-16 without BOM.
- NEW: Show inherited properties.