The Bat! 7.4.16
The Bat! mail client has a lot of vital benefits and useful features that make your email experience simple and convenient. All these features perfectly fit any Windows OS. Moreover, The Bat! is the first and only email client Certified for Windows Vista by Microsoft Corporation. “Certified for Vista” logo guarantees the highest level of compatibility between Vista and The Bat! mechanisms.Protection of privacy
The Bat!’s characteristic feature is the most widespread support of authentication protocols and of encryption while working with mail servers.Anti-virus defense
The other side of safety is protection against malicious codes. The Bat! benefits of its own HTML viewing mechanism – Robin HTML Viewer, as well as of its own image viewing module.
- Increased speed of entering a folder or sorting messages in the list by "From/To/Subject" columns if there are only Latin characters. The speed increase is mostly noticeable in folders with more than 100 thousand messages.
- If you have Account|Properties|Verbose log turned on, then The Bat!, on the "Send queued mail" command will write addition information to the log: on total number of messages in the outbox, and on the number that has not been selected for sending because of "parked" or "sending" status.
- The Bat! can log Simple MAPI calls. To enable logging, do the following. Uder "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RIT\The Bat!" add DWORD value named "LogMapiCalls", value "1". Then, restart The Bat!. After that, The Bat! will create mapi_log.txt file in the %EMAIL% directory and will append lines to it every time an application like MS Word or MSIE wants to send a message or do any other MAPI function.
- Welcome message (in "Inbox") is no longer used for IMAP accounts.
- MD5 hash has been removed from the S/MIME preferences.
- When non-OpenPGP mode is selected, the PGP menu items in the message editor are hidden.
- The Bat! didn't highlight addresses with equal sign ("=") in the local-part. If such addresses were displayed in the headers, there were no menus to carry out operations over them such as adding to the address book.
- Import S/MIME certificates(s) from a signed message didn't always work.
- Default print margins are now 0.25 (quarter) inch.
- Malformed account transport settings on high resolution monitors.
- Untranslatable tooltips in the print preview.
- Fixed several memory leaks: when deleting messages, when working with the text editor and the spell checker.
- Unable to start The Bat! if on-the-fly encryption (OTFE) setup had been cancelled.
- Better error handling of The Bat! version checking via DNS, sometimes invalid responses could cause an Access Violation error.
- Opening mail shows error popup "TMailMessage.FindIdx --- ALREADY DESTROYED!" (Fixed "ALREADY DESTROYED!" or "METHOD CALLED ON FREED OBJECT!" errors when selecting different folders on IMAP while The Bat! filters messages on IMAP).
- Fixed an Access Violation error at start related to Quick Reply, also fixed the "ClassName: EComponentError / Message: A component named __ already exists" error related to quick reply.
- Messages arrived to an IMAP folder aren't filtered if they arrive while other messages are filtered.
- If an IMAP filter has multiple actions, sometimes only some of them are executed.
- Minor speed increase when working with internal hash structures.
- The Bat! didn't properly support character encodings when working with HunSpell dictionaries, e.g. the Latvian special symbols are replaced with Cyrillic symbols in the Spell Checker.
- Filtering on IMAP stops with an Access Violation error while setting color groups.
- Drop-downs on the main toolbar have areas with no reaction to mouse clicks.
- Editor text color and search highlight text colors were hardcoded as "black" and "white", while they had to take colors from Windows system colors (Themes).
- There was an error when trying to run The Bat! while another The Bat! process didn't exit for some reason.
- Automatic filters stop working altogether for certain IMAP folders, restarting didn't help, newly arrived messages were not filtered too.
- Wrong size of fonts in print preview and the printed message (in tags like "small").
- Print preview looks OK but the final print is not formatted properly.
- The HTML is viewed OK but in print or print preview, margins are incorrectly calculated and the text is trimmed at the right.
- There were redundant right and bottom margins on printed pages.
- Searching for messages using the mid: links in other folders didn't work since 126.96.36.199 released on 02-Mar-2012.
- If there were national characters in mailto: url and The Bat! was set as a default mailto: handler, these national characters were replaced to question marks. As a result, description of web-pages with national characters sent from browsers appears as question marks in Subject.
- Filling the background color of table cells fails.
- "Minus" closing buttons in the message finder didn't scale on high-definition monitors; besides that, these buttons were two pixels higher than needed.
- OpenPGP Error Window does not show national characters.
- Truncated text field in QR-Code Generator (German GUI).
- Decryption of an email with large attachment takes much time if internal OpenPGP implementation is used.
- If you collapse an account in the folder tree and restart The Bat!, this account again becomes expanded, if you had clicked the folder tabs before
- The Bat! didn't start on single-processor single-core computers, it gave an Access Violation error.
- Fixed an access violation error on exit that could prevent from saving toolbar configuration data.
- There were an error after closing a separate window that shows an HTML message and opening it again and clicking to load external images while using The Bat! HTML viewer.
- The printed text is tiny, although the print preview is ok.
- IMG ALT was printed with tiny font.
- Image can not be pasted into HTML message by context menu.
- Captions of some character set names weren't translatable.
- Stopping search in the Message finder gives access violation in IMAP accounts.
- Print preview looks OK but the final print is not formatted properly - becomes excessively wide and cropped at the right (unless external images are loaded).
- The printed font is smaller than expected.
- Margin size adjustment controls (blue) didn't show in the print preview if the window was opened maximized.
- Support for modern GnuPG 2.1.
- PGP 10.4 was not supported.
- The Bat! crashes while copying tables in MS Excel.
- MaliSendMailW gave access violation errors.
- 64-bit Simple MAPI handler DLL gave access violation errors.