The GIMP 2.6.8
It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.
- Full suite of painting tools including brushes, a pencil, an airbrush, cloning, etc.
- Tile-based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high-quality anti-aliasing
- Full Alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- A procedural database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs, such as Script-Fu
- Advanced scripting capabilities
- Multiple undo/redo (limited only by disk space)
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
- File formats supported include GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many others
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, bezier and intelligent
- Plug-ins that allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters
* Bugs fixed:
470698 - MapObject cannot modify highlight
593848 - FG color changed to black when FG-BG Editor tab created
594651 - layer.scale() raises RuntimeError
594998 - Keyboard shortcuts does not work for first image when dock is focused
599765 - F1 key on gimp-tool-align in menu have wrong link and it open gimp-tool-move
600484 - Gimp BMP Integer Overflow Vulnerability
600741 - "read_channel_data()" Integer Overflow Vulnerability
601891 - gimp_image_get_selection returns None
602761 - plug-in-grid: Parameters Horizontal/Vertical Spacing and Horizontal/Vertical Offset are reversed.
603995 - PCX plugin doesn't sanitize input to avoid allocation overflows.
603998 - PCX: Calculating amount of memory to allocate may overflow.
604000 - SGI: sanitize input
604001 - SGI: Calculating amount of memory to allocate may overflow.
604002 - SGI: RLE encoded input data may write beyond allocated buffers
604004 - SGI: allocate memory consistently
604008 - GBR, PAT: sanitize input data
604078 - Crash when pressing Backspace with Free Select Tool
* Updated and new translations:
British English (en_GB)
Norwegian Nynorsk (nn)
Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)