Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Improved compatibility with Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
* Support for blocking Internet access to more than one sandboxed program at a time.
* Support for the new bookmarks system introduced in Firefox 3.
* Removed domain restrictions: Sandboxie can again be used in a domain network without additional license keys.
* Some performance improvements and security enhancements.
* Translation to Korean, contributed by doa.
* Resolved conflicts with third-party software: AVG 8, Ad Muncher, Novell NetIdentity, Trend Micro Internet Security 2008