At one time, web browsers simply got you to the Internet. But from the day it was released, Safari set the bar higher for web browsers. It introduced sophisticated design elements that made browsing a joy. Easy to use, Safari stayed out of your way and let you effortlessly navigate from site to site.
More browsing space: Safari is designed to emphasize the browsing, not the browser. The browser frame is a single pixel wide. You see a scroll bar only when needed. By default, there's no status bar. Instead, a progress indicator turns as your page loads. Tabbed browsing means you'll find tabs at the very top of the browser, opening an even wider window for viewing websites. A great browser, Safari lets you simply enjoy the web.
Find the sites you need: Looking for a site you visited in the past but can't quite remember? Use Full History Search to quickly find sites using even the sketchiest search terms. And when you click a web page in Cover Flow, it's because you've already recognized it as the site you were looking for. No more guessing. Innovative features like these show you how good browsing can be.
Satisfy your need for speed: The world's fastest browser, Safari has speed to burn. Why should you wait for pages to load? You want to see those search results, get the latest news, check current stock prices, right now.
If you are looking to get more out of your Safari browser, then check out our handy guides:
* Address issues that could cause hangs and excessive memory usage
* Improve stability when using Find, dragging tabs, and managing extensions
* Improve stability for netflix.com and other websites that use the Silverlight plug-in
* Improve stability when zooming on Google maps
* Address an issue that could prevent East Asian character input into webpages with Flash content
* Address an issue that could cause History items to appear incorrectly
* Address an issue that could cause cleared Reading List items to appear
* Improve printing from Safari
* Address an issue that could prevent the Google Safe Browsing Service from updating