Paint.NET 4.0 Beta 3
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
- Rotation (Move, Shapes) now allows you to use the right mouse button to rotate, no matter where the mouse cursor is
- The hit-zone for rotation no longer extends inside the object's (e.g. selection, shape) bounding box
- New languages: Hungarian, Lithuanian
- Fixed some mouse input glitches when using Paint.NET inside of VMWare
- Fixed all sorts of issues with Paste
- Fixed blending modes sometimes getting saved incorrectly
- Fixed an infinite loop with the crash dialog handling
- Fixed constrained rotation (e.g. Move, Shapes) using a relative instead of absolute offset
- Fixed a rendering issue with the Move Selected Pixels tool caused by a flawed implementation of coverage sampling
- Fixed an issue in the Magic Wand and Paint Bucket tools when using a Tolerance value of 0 whereby it would sometimes include colors that weren't exactly the same as what you clicked on
- Fixed a crash when using horizontal scroll wheels
- Fixed the Settings dialog showing the wrong language
- Fixed the increment for Pan/Zoom in the Rotate/Zoom dialog (it was 1.0, it is now 0.01)
- Fixed the Rotate/Zoom dialog not always reloading the values that were used previously
- Fixed the Pixel Grid indicators (View menu, toolbar) being out of sync
- Fixed various plugin compatibility issues
- Fixed various crashes