Paint.NET 3.0 RC1
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
- New: New default color palette (you may have to use "Reset to default palette" to see it)
- Finished: Help file is now up-to-date for 3.0.
- Finished: UI translations for Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish. Note: Help file is still English-only.
- Fixed: Status bar was not displaying help text for tools on first click
- Fixed: "Rotate Image" was hanging
- Fixed: Crash in installer when /createMsi was used
- Fixed: "ScratchSurface already borrowed..." crash fixed in several places
- Fixed: Spacebar was not activating command link buttons
- Fixed: Zoom dropdown was not always working when set to "100%" in some specific cases