MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.
Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
Why use this defragger instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster.
- Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
- Optimized for daily use.
- Disk optimization, several strategies.
- Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
- Can defragment very full harddisks.
- Can defragment very large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available, can be customized.
* Deleted the LowMemoryUsage() setting. The program no longer caches the full paths of regular files. but still caches directories.
* Added a new defragmentation algorithm, the old algorithm is now available as Defragment(Fast).
* The list of fragmented files in the logfile will now show the count of wrap-around fragments, instead of the count of fragments.
* Fixed a bug that would cause the "MyDefrag.debuglog" file to be created even if the "-d 0" commandline parameters was specified.
* Added the SortByNewestDate() fileaction.
* Fixed a bug that prevented MyDefrag from processing files that were encrypted by another userid than the userid that was running MyDefrag.
* Fixed a bug in the AddGap() fileaction. It created gaps that were too big.
* Added the IgnoreWrapAroundFragmentation setting.
* Gaps are now also skipped by the wrap-around fragmentation analyzer.
* Added the FastFill(WithShuffling) option.
* Added some code to protect against circular folders.
* Made some changes in how the screensaver will stop in various circumstances.
* Changed the way that the !RunTime! macro is calculated.
* Fixed a bug that could cause an infinite loop on very full harddisks when trying to move files out of the way (vacate).
* Enlarged the width of short numbers from 7 to 11 characters.