Light Alloy is a free multimedia player with a simple user interface. The application is highly customizable to suit your specific media requirements and Light Alloy has been optimized to boot as fast as possible, so it won't consume lots of system resources.
Light Alloy has support for all popular multimedia formats and there are lots of advanced settings to allow you to customize it to suit whatever media you intend to play on it, whether that be short music videos or epic films.
Key Features Include:
- Fast video rewind, load subtitles, minimize to tray, brightness/contrast/saturation control and infra-red remote control.
- Light Alloy also supports multimedia keyboards and has support for DVD/Blu-ray (except for BD menus) and MKV/OGM/MP4 formats.
- With Light Alloy you can make bookmarks in the list or the timeline, view a preview on the timeline and make a selection of audio tracks and subtitles in multilingual films.
Light Alloy has built-in video/audio codecs, support for custom codecs, full support for subtitles, WinLIRC support for remote control, configurable playback speed and aspect ratio alignment. You can also customize independent media settings for each file i.e. brightness, contrast, saturation, subtitle and volume.
- Preferences->Mouse->Areas: added ability to switch subtitles/sound stream for left-up and right-up areas.
- Preferences->Keyboard: added hotkey to rotate video by Z in Video section.
- Video rotate setting now remembered per-file, not globally.
- Disabled the DPI Awareness flag, to resolve problems with the interface for DPI >100%. Normal support for different DPI will be implemented in future versions.
- Preferences->Playlist: preview window now respect font that you have either in Font menu or in current skin when you switch between "always the same" and "Use from skin".
- Preferences->OSD/Subtitles->Subtitles: display->Expert Menu mode: texture resolution is now equal to desktop resolution, by default.
- Mouse Areas of Video: now they activated by left mouse click, previously an area was activated by double mouse click which wasn't obvious for some users.
- Slightly updated About box, added some additional contact info
- Some internal code cleaning, removed some options, and made some optimizations.
- Function of the Original Size (Home) wasn't respecting minimal width of audio skin.
- Sound options: changing normalization method didn't applied immediatelly, it was necessary to close the settings window first.
- Media-oriented open dialog: function of the "Add all from current folder" button didn't work correctly.
- Media-oriented open dialog: fixed saving of view style & columns width.
- Playlist: folder mode - fixed auto-correction of the size of some controls while playing the file.
- Playlist: folder mode - font name/size settings were ignored.
- Playlist: Jump to File: some fixes to items paint procedure.
- Playlist: M3U - fixed issue with character encoding on UTF8 files without BOM.
- Skins: fixed a few issues with video panel repaint when switching between audio and video mode or vice-versa.
- Skins: fixed subtitle button for Omega.