LogMeIn Hamachi is a VPN service that easily sets up in 10 minutes, and enables secure remote access to your business network, anywhere there's an Internet connection.
It works with your existing firewall, and requires no additional configuration. Hamachi is the first networking application to deliver an unprecedented level of direct peer-to-peer connectivity. It is simple, secure, and cost-effective.
Advantages of LogMeIn Hamachi:
- LAN over the Internet - Arrange multiple computers into their own secure network, just as if they were connected by a physical cable.
- Files and Network Drives - Access critical files and network drives.
- Zero-configuration - Works without having to adjust a firewall or router.
- Security - Industry leading encryption and authentication.
- Cost Effective - Free for non-commercial use.
- Resolved Vista compatibility issues.
Hamachi can now be run under non-privileged Windows accounts
(not only on Vista, but on earlier Windows versions as well).
Full administrative access is still required to install the
application as it adds the device driver to the system.
Note: this release includes updated Hamachi network card
driver. If you are updating from earlier Hamachi version,
it may be required to re-reset your firewalling software
and re-add the Hamachi adapter back into the 'trusted zone'.
- Introduced a concept of "layer 3 tunneling domains".
Starting with this version Hamachi can now service more than
one virtual Hamachi adapter. Each adapter is associated with
its own "tunnelling domain", and each Hamachi peer can be
assigned to one of these domains.
Adapters may be configured to use arbitrary IP addresses and
peers may be assigned "VPN" (or "Layer 3") addresses that are
different from their default 5.x.x.x IPs.
Peers in one tunneling domain can access local machine only
through domain's network adapter. This in particular means
that Hamachi can now be configured to use one adapter for
communicating with "trusted" peers and, for example, have
Windows File Sharing installed and enabled in the adapter's
stack itself. And it then can use second adapter to talk to
say gaming peers, and the adapter may not even have the WFS
Custom addressing also enables a variety of complex LAN-to-LAN
This is a premium feature.
- Introduced per-tunnel compression / encryption settings.
Starting with this version it is now possible to control
traffic encryption and compression on per-tunnel basis.
In order for the compression to be ON, both peers need to
select it to be ON. If settings are both OFF or if they do
not match, the compression will remain disabled.
Similarly, for the encryption to be OFF, both peers need to
have it set to OFF.
This is a premium feature.
- Introduced per-tunnel traffic forwarding policies.
It is now possible to control how Hamachi handles forwarded
traffic. This is closely related to a "routed tunneling"
mode and it specifies if Hamachi accepts or denies locally
and remotely forwarded traffic.
Earlier versions accepted all forwarded traffic to/from
all peers when the "routed tunneling" mode was enabled.
With this version the routed tunneling setting may be
narrowed down to a specific peer and, for example, further
restricted it to traffic that flows between local machine
and the peer LAN, i.e. force Hamachi to drop the traffic
that is forwarded from local LAN to the peer.
- Added "Advanced" per-peer configuration dialog.
Per-peer tunnel settings can now controlled from Advanced
configuration dialog that is accessible via "Advanced" item
of the peer's right-click menu.
The menu item is hidden by default and it can be enabled by
ticking an check box on Preferences / Window page.
The dialog allows controlling peer's -
- tunneling domain
- VPN IP address
- VPN IP alias (previously specified in aliases.txt)
- encryption and compression settings
- local and remote forwarding policies
The dialog also allows changing default, global values of
- Modified Hamachi to automatically re-establish UDP tunnels when
detecting possible tunnel failure. This compliments similar TCP
tunnel behaviour already implemented in earlier versions.
- Modified Hamachi to automatically downgrade back to the basic
license once the trial license expires and the warning message
is displayed and acknowledged.
- Resolved crash condition related to the chat operation.
- Assorted tweaks and fixes to the application and the installer.