Feed Demon 18.104.22.168 Beta
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Added: Redesigned newspapers and reports
* Added: The "Share" newspaper icon now has a dropdown menu which replaces the annotate, email and "send to" icons
* Added: The subscription tree now enables viewing all items published today and yesterday
* Added: Search box added to newspaper, which enables searching only the posts displayed in the newspaper
* Added: Search results can now be opened in a new browser tab
* Added: OAuth support for Twitter feeds
* Added: Watches can now be limited to specific folders
* Added: Significantly faster renaming of synched folders and tags
* Added: Different background color to distinguish between multiple watch keywords
* Added: Faster display of folder newspapers
* Added: HTTP error report now enables updating all feeds with errors
* Added: Added Facebook to list of search providers
* Added: The address bar no longer shows http:// in URLs unless it has the focus
* Added: Holding Shift+Delete in FeedStation deletes the selected files instead of sending them to the recycle bin
* Changed: Starred items no longer count towards the max number of items kept in a feed (ex: if the feed is set to keep 100 items but five of them are starred, then 105 items will be kept)
* Changed: "Find New Feeds" now uses Google Reader's feed finder
* Changed: Search-related features have been moved to the Tools menu
* Changed: Newspaper styles now use the extension .FDXSL3 and language files use the extension .FDLANG3
* Removed: The icon which enables customizing newspaper icons has been removed (but the same feature is still available via the "Reading" tab in Options)
* Fixed: Feed properties dialog permits a blank feed URL
* Fixed: Scientific American podcasts are incorrectly downloaded with a CFM extension
* Fixed: Grouping by category in the news item list doesn't work
* Fixed: CPU spikes when updating a single feed in HTTP error report
* Fixed: Prefetch-related error messages in the status bar disappear too quickly to be read
* Fixed: Older items tagged in Google Reader don't always appear in FeedDemon
* Fixed: Tags still appear in FeedDemon after deleting all tags in Google Reader
* Fixed: FeedStation doesn't show HTTP status code for failed downloads
* Fixed: FeedStation's error log shows bogus "error synching" messages
* Fixed: FeedDemon doesn't recognize the URLs of FDLANGs if they contain a query string
* Fixed: Subscription report doesn't remove publisher's inline styles from hyperlinks
* Fixed: Duplicates appear when re-running a watch that contains multiple keywords
* Fixed: Re-running a watch adds more items than should be kept for that watch
* Fixed: "Shared by People I Follow" shows duplicates of posts that already exist in your subscriptions