Comodo Internet Security 10.0.1.6209
Comodo Internet Security is a free, security app that provides complete protection from virus attacks, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers.
The app is multi faceted and combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention tools, configurable application control and anti-spyware. All in one powerful app.
Key Features include:
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Root-kit: Scans, detects & removes root-kits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it can install.
- Auto Sandbox Technology: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware: Kills malicious processes before they can infect your system.
Overall, Comodo Internet Security features a friendly graphical user interface that can be navigated by users of all levels of expertise. It has a strong, robust firewall, a high quality Antivirus and stacks of other security tools that are all easy to configure; just 'set and forget'.
We now have a new tab "Advanced Protection" under "Advanced Settings" where:
"Virus Scope" and "Secure Shopping": These used to be separate tabs are now part of this "Advanced Protection" section.
"Miscellaneous": From HIPS Settings, we have moved 4 settings and made part of this section. "Heuristic Command Line Analysis" and "Embedded Code Detection" are integrated under one interface as "Do Heurristic Command Line Analysis". So embedded code detection is expanded in that interface and connected with related parsers. Also we have moved "shell code injection detection" and "browser configuration modification" settings under this section.
Comodo Secure DNS is back in installation offering now.
You will see word "Sandbox" is now replaced with word "Containment" across whole GUI as that is easier to understand by layman while Sandbox has been more technical.
Support of Python interpreter in heuristic command line analysis.
All GUI issues experienced with upcoming Windows 10 RedStone-2 / Creators Update are fixed in this release.
Main focus of CIS v10 has been to make it more stable and bug free and as part of that aim, hundreds of bugs are fixed, below are few particular fixes:
BSOD after launched Opera in Sandbox.
Critical bypasses of Sanbdox.
Keyboard can be intercepted in Virtual Desktop.
Several apps crash caused by guard32/64.dll.
PowerShell scripts are not sandboxed.
Missed fileless malware cases.