Angry IP Scanner is a network scanner that has been designed to be fast and simple to use. It scans IP addresses and ports and is cross-platform and Open Source.
Angry IP Scanner can scan IP addresses in any range as well as any their ports. It is lightweight and doesn't require any installation. The application works by simply pinging each IP address to check if it’s alive, then optionally it resolves its host name, determines the MAC address, and scans ports. Plugin support also allows for the amount of gathered data about each host to be extended.
Key supported features include:
- NetBIOS information.
- Favorite IP address ranges.
- Web server detection.
- Customizable openers.
In order to increase scanning speed, the application uses a multi-threaded approach: a separate scanning thread is created for each scanned IP address. Scanning results can be saved to CSV, TXT, XML or IP-Port list files.
- Restore support for Java 7 (accidentally removed in 3.5).
- Allow editing of preferences even of deselected fetchers.
- Improve detection of IPs/hostnames in file import and file feeder.
- New HTTPProxyFetcher that checks for working HTTP proxies.
- Remove scanning progress from Dock on MacOS X, as it reverts to an incorrect icon.
- Improve fetchers prefs icon for MacOS X.