AIM 220.127.116.11 Beta
The AIM® service is all about helping you keep in touch with your buddies. Whether you're sending IMs, sharing photos or doing a voice chat we want to make it better.
- Sleek new design: New buttons, new layout, new color, new brand! Tell us what you think of our shiny gold look and the new layout.
- Profiles, profiles, profiles: Connect with your buddies like never before. Customize your profile, get updates from other social networks, and more. Now, you'll never miss an update on AIM.
- Status messages in the IM.
- :) Emoticons: You asked, we answered.
- AIM Blast: IM your friends, coworkers, or customers all at once, and all from the convenience of your Buddy List.
- More goodies: Sign in as invisible, Ctrl + F to search your Buddy List, Search the web from the IM window.
* Choose the AIM installation that's right for you. We made some changes to our installation process -- you'll get our "Recommended" package by default, or you can choose to customize what's included. No matter which you choose, you'll still get the option to add on AIM Tunes and QQ Games plugins. With "Recommended," you automatically get the following:
o AIM Toolbar: Check your mail, set your status from your browser, broadcast cool Web sites to your buddies using AIM Share and more.
o AOL.com as your home page: Stay up to date with the latest news with AOL.com. We'll set your default browser, whether it's Internet Explorer or Firefox.
o AOL Search, enhanced by Google, as your default search engine: AOL Search delivers great search and multimedia results all delivered on one page -- so you can search less and discover more.
* Speaking of search, check out the new "Hot Searches" module at the bottom of your Buddy List(r) window. It gives you one-click access to the top searches so you are always on top of what's hot.
* We made some small changes to the much-loved Buddy Info window. The IM and "add buddies" functions were moved from the bottom to the top of the window to increase your viewing area. Don't forget, in AIM 6.5 we added the ability to add pictures from the Web to your Buddy Info. Just right-click, or click the picture on the format bar in "edit" mode.