Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed:
Bluetooth AVDTP dissector crash.
Bluetooth Attribute Protocol dissector crash.
Radiotap dissector crash.
The following bugs have been fixed:
Wireshark Hangs on startup initializing external capture plugins.
Qt: SCTP Analyse Association Dialog: Segmentation fault when clicking twice the Filter Association button.
Incorrect presentation of dissected data item (NETMASK) in ISAKMP dissector.
Decode NFAPI: CONFIG.request Error.
udpdump frame too long error.
ISDN - LAPD dissector broken since version 2.5.0.
ASTERIX Category 062 / 135 Altitude has wrong value.
Wireshark cannot decrypt SSL/TLS session if it was proxied over HTTP tunnel.
TLS records in a HTTP tunnel are displayed as "Encrypted Handshake Message".
BTATT Dissector: Temperature Measurement: Celsius and Fahrenheit swapped.
Diameter AVP User Location Info, Mobile Network Code decoded not correctly.
Heartbeat message "Info" displayed without comma separator.