WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.0d.
* Enabled TLS extensions in OpenSSL, what resolves problems with some FTP servers.
* Change: Compare directories command uses Shift+F2 shortcut instead of Ctrl+C.
* Added support for dragging files from WinRAR.
* Default ascii file mask extended with *.js.
* SSH core upgraded to the latest development snapshot of PuTTY.
* Bug fix: Check for application updates was not working.
* Bug fix: Error response to SFTP initialization request was sometimes parsed incorrectly.
* Bug fix: It was not possible to skip errors during some operations.
* Bug fix: Home directory was incorrect after reconnect with FTP protocol.
* Bug fix: It was sometimes not possible to initiate file renaming.