WinPatrol alerts you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. As a multipurpose support utility, WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that occur without your knowledge.
You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
- Enhanced start-up logic to include more start-up programs.
- Better detection of 64 bit startup and active tasks.
- Better detection of 64 bit program status.
- Fixes for repeat alerts.
- Improved installation/upgrade.
- Support for Windows 10 Edge cookies (No Spartan Cookies).
- Fixes potential error when disabling/enabling startup tasks that would corrupt data on the screen.
- Active Tasks page now displays all running instances of the same executable.
- Ability to terminate all active tasks for the same program.
- Fixed bug that would result in unwanted UAC prompts when running WinPatrol Explorer