At one time, web browsers simply got you to the Internet. But from the day it was released, Safari set the bar higher for web browsers. It introduced sophisticated design elements that made browsing a joy. Easy to use, Safari stayed out of your way and let you effortlessly navigate from site to site.
More browsing space: Safari is designed to emphasize the browsing, not the browser. The browser frame is a single pixel wide. You see a scroll bar only when needed. By default, there's no status bar. Instead, a progress indicator turns as your page loads. Tabbed browsing means you'll find tabs at the very top of the browser, opening an even wider window for viewing websites. A great browser, Safari lets you simply enjoy the web.
Find the sites you need: Looking for a site you visited in the past but can't quite remember? Use Full History Search to quickly find sites using even the sketchiest search terms. And when you click a web page in Cover Flow, it's because you've already recognized it as the site you were looking for. No more guessing. Innovative features like these show you how good browsing can be.
Satisfy your need for speed: The world's fastest browser, Safari has speed to burn. Why should you wait for pages to load? You want to see those search results, get the latest news, check current stock prices, right now.
If you are looking to get more out of your Safari browser, then check out our handy guides:
# New features:
* Reading List
- Easily add webpages and links to your Reading List to browse when you have time.
* New Process Architecture
- Safari has been re-engineered for improved stability and responsiveness.
- In the General pane of Safari preferences, you can now choose to launch Safari with the windows from your last browsing session.
* Better Privacy
- A new Privacy pane in Safari preferences makes it easy to remove data that websites can leave on your system.
* Private AutoFill
- Safari lets you fill out forms quickly while keeping your personal information private.
* Find Option
- When you use Find, you can choose whether you want to search for text that contains or starts with the text that you type in the search field.
* Drag-and-drop Downloads
- You can drag items out of the Downloads window in Safari, so you can easily place downloaded files on the Desktop.
* Advanced Web Technologies
- Safari introduces support for full-screen webpages, media caching with the HTML5 application cache, MathML, Web Open Font Format, CSS3 Auto-hyphenation, CSS3 Vertical Text, CSS3 Text Emphasis, Window.onError, and Formatted XML files.
* New Extension APIs
- Developers can take advantage of new Safari Extension support for popovers, menus, new event classes, and interaction with Reader