qBittorrent is a peer-2-peer (P2P) sharing application that provides an alternative to uTorrent. It features extensible search engine that is well integrated into the application. You can perform simultaneous searches and per category specific search request for numerous different types of files and multimedia.
Key features include:
- Simultaneous download of multiple torrents.
- Integrated torrent search engine.
- Integrated RSS feed reader and downloader.
- Good internationalization.
- DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP.
- Cross platform (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Very lightweight.
- Torrent queuing and prioritizing.
- Control over files in a torrent (filtering, prioritizing).
- Nice µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit (qBittorrent v2.x).
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files).
- Advanced control over torrent trackers (qBittorrent v2.x).
- Peer display with country and hostname resolution (qBittorrent v2.x).
- Closest open source equivalent to µTorrent (qBittorrent v2.x).
- Torrent creation tool.
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent encompasses Qt4 user interface as well as a Web user interface that enables a remote control for searching content downloads. qBittorent supports all BitTorrent extensions such as DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, and Magnet/Bitcomet URI’s.
qBittorrent also feature UPnP/ NAT-PMP port forwarding support, advance RSS support with download filters, bandwidth scheduler, IP filtering and is IPv6 compliant. Overall. qBittorrent has some really useful features and it is a good effort at the P2P market. It provides the same functionality across 3 major platforms (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux), and is a lightweight application that uses minimal amounts CPU and RAM.
Recognize *.ts files as previewable.
Allow to disable speed graphs.
Clear LineEdit on ESC.
Fix divide-by-zero crash.
Remove speed limit checkbox in Options dialog.
Fix speed graph "high speeds" bug.
Don't update torrent status unnecessarily.
Improve force recheck of paused torrent.
Restore torrent in two steps.
Improve scaling of speed graphs.
Add isNetworkFileSystem() detection on Windows. This allows network mounts to be monitored correctly by polling timer.
Reduce horizontal graphs resolution. Improves perfomance.
Don't recheck just checked torrent.
Add SMB2 magic number.
Restore startup perfomance to v4.1.2 times. Needs at least libtorrent 1.1.10
Make strings actually translatable.
Handle downloading .torrent file as success.
Fix Alternative Web UI to be available.
Consider empty locale setting as not set.
Add free disk space to WebUI status bar.
Add WebUI search API controller.
Fix WebUI Auto TMM context menu bug.
Use independent translation for WebUI.
Add categories WebAPI.
Add locale to js file path.
Translate WebUI torrents Status column.
Bump Web API version
Allow to disable downloading REPACK/PROPER matches.
Improve RSS Feed updating.
Allow resizing search filter in search job.
Improve parser for search engine versions.txt
Update Python URLs.
Fix asking to install Python.
Reformat python code to be compliant with PEP8.
cmake: restore out-of-source build.
cmake: cmake: use C++14 when available.