PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
- Updated to UPX 3.07
- Updated Wolfgang Ehrhardt's crypto library units to latest available version
# FILE MANAGER
- Fixed: opening a password protected archive counts as password validation, so the password confirmation field inherits password field value
- Fixed: "Encrypt also file names" option is ignored for formats not supporting this feature "Encrypt also file names" flag is now remembered
- Removed -x.y version suffix from language file names so next version's updates will preserved user-selected language It is possible to select existing themes (previously loaded custom temes) with directory selection dialog