PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
- Improved DPI awareness
- New command line directive "-peaziplanguage" to programmatically change application's localization
* second parameter is the name of the localization file, proper localization directory "lang" is resolved by the program example: peazip.exe -peaziplanguage it.txt
* please note if other instances of PeaZip are open, they will overwrite language in configuration when they close
# EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
- Added hamburger menu button in tabs bar to provide alternative access to archiving/extraction context menu
- Improved archive creation screen
* Added installer-mode sfx modules for 7z (advanced options tab)
* Replicated archiving action options in main options page (7z/p7zip supported types)
> Provided new update options: update only items already in archive (ignore extra items on disk), and synchronize archive with content on disk (remove items from archive if removed from disk)
# WINDOWS INSTALLER
* Improved Windows installer
- Archiving, extraction, browsing, and tools groups are now divided by separators for ease of use
- "CRC, hash and file tools" (PeaUtils) was added as default entry
- Localization can now be set from installer