MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.
Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
Why use this defragger instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster.
- Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
- Optimized for daily use.
- Disk optimization, several strategies.
- Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
- Can defragment very full harddisks.
- Can defragment very large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available, can be customized.
* Optimized the subroutine that searches for contiguous fragments.
* Fixed a bug that would prevent the program from running (immediate finish) without a proper error message, if there was a directory called "Settings" anywhere in the path. Also added some extra error messages in case there is a problem executing a script.
* Optimized the subroutine that vacates items out of the way.
* Disabled the OtherInstances(ask) setting for the screensaver.
* The "F1" key now looks for the manual in the installpath, instead of always using "C:\Program Files\MyDefrag v4.X\Manual.chm".