Macrium Reflect 4.2.2866
A complete disaster recovery solution for your home and office. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and emails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file.
- Don't compromise your data integrity with second best
Macrium Reflect uses leading data compression techniques to create accurate and reliable images of your hard disk or partitions on your disk.
- Simple step by step operation
Image and Restore using intuitive wizards and interfaces. Macrium Reflect integrates fully with Windows Explorer, a partition image can be created with a simple right click.
- Automate the process
With Macrium Reflect you can schedule Images to run at any time. Disk space management ensures that you optimize the available space on external drives.
- Restore individual files and folders
Create a 'Virtual' drive in Windows Explorer and recover selected files and directories using simple copy and paste operations.
In the event of a total loss of the Windows operating system your PC can be started using the Reflect recovery CD.
Please note that beginning with version 5.2.6544 we are providing the Macrium Installer, which will automatically download the correct version for your PC. It will also download any necessary Windows components for you.
You can get more information about this installer on the Macrium knowledge base.
* New Command line image mounting options.
- You can now mount and unmount image and backup files from the command line. Please type 'reflect.exe -h' from a command line for more information on this functionality.
* Unrestricted mounted image browsing
- Previously, if an image that was created on a different PC was browsed then 'private' folders couldn't be accessed. This is because NTFS security prevents, even Administrators, from accessing these folders and files. The 'Browse Image' dialog now allows this by enabling the new option 'Enable access to restricted folders' .
* Windows PE rescue CD update is available.
- Please click the 'Updates' button in the Rescue CD burn wizard for more information.
# Bug fixes:
* Apple Mac hybrid disks
- Macrium Reflect now correctly identifies and allows imaging of Apple Mac 'hybrid' disks. These were incorrectly displayed as GPT disks after the last update.
* DOS batch file fix
- Fixed bug in DOS bat file generation. Previously the generated bat file would not run because it was generated as a Unicode, not ANSI, file.
* Case sensitive file name extensions
- The '.mrimg' and 'mrbak' file name extensions were case sensitive when mounting the file. This meant that changing the file name of the generated file to be upper-case could result in the file failing to mount. This has been resolved.
* Program crash if VSS failed to provide a shadow copy name
- A program crash could occur if Microsoft Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS) completed successfully but failed to allocate a name for the shadow copy file. This has been resolved.