FotoSketcher is a free application, which can automatically turn digital images into works of art.
FotoSketcher's user interface features a main window with before-and-after panes that is sat on a standard toolbar. The application allows you to use numerous styles including pencil sketch, oil painting, watercolour, pastel, drawing, cartoon, pen and ink, and sepia/vintage photo.
Key Features Include:
- No artistic skill needed.
- More than 25 effects.
- Batch mode allows users to modify multiple images at once.
- Available in 23 different languages.
FotoSketcher can be used straight away, with virtually no learning curve and the user interface is extremely easy to use. As well as the ability to change your images into art, the application can also perform image correction and retouching; automatic contrast improvement, change colour saturation, resize or rotate image, add various frames etc.
Overall, FotoSketcher is a simple tool for applying all kinds of effects to your digital images. It comes with a large range of filters and options, an easy to use split-screen layout, and familiar controls.
- The DPI default value has been set to 300 for better printing quality.
- Although transparency in PNG images (alpha channel) is not supported by FotoSketcher, transparent pixels will no longer appear black. They will now be converted to white pixels (much prettier!).
- The donation screen (coffee cup icon) has been simplified and will lead to a unified PayPal screen.
- When using JPG images, the compression quality has been improved for fewer artifacts (save to PNG or BMP if you want maximum image quality).
- A visual bug with the Emergence 2 effect has been corrected. Sometimes the preview image would be pasted to the main result image in the top left corner.
- Some z-order problems have been solved.
- A memory leak has been hunted down and solved.
- When running a script (F5), FotoSketcher will be automatically minimized until the end of the process. If you wish to see the script running, just click on the FotoSketcher icon in the Windows task bar.