Feed Demon 18.104.22.168
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Added: "Shared by people I follow" displays articles shared by the people you follow in Google Reader
* Added: Content filters (Tools > Manage Content Filters) can be applied to individual feeds to automatically mark incoming items as read
* Added: New "Translate item" newspaper icon translates the item into your language. Items in synched feeds are translated inline, whereas items in non-synched feeds browse to Google Translate for the translation
* Added: Further synchronization optimizations, including significantly faster synching of shared items
* Added: Feed preview now uses a fixed header and enables toggling between full posts, summaries and headlines
* Added: "Choose newspaper icons" added to newspaper - enables quickly choosing which icons to show under each item
* Added: "Like" icon added to newspaper for synched feeds (what is this?). Note that this doesn't appear by default - you must enable it using the new "choose newspaper icons" gear icon.
* Added: "Remember my login" added to synchronization options (disable to require FeedDemon to ask for your login every time it starts)
* Added: Short url preview now supports goo.gl, youtu.be, fb.me, flic.kr, ow.ly and clicky.me
* Added: Print and print preview from the embedded browser now handle the active newspaper by expanding collapsed descriptions, hiding FeedDemon icons, etc.
* Added: "Send To" menu now includes Twitter
* Added: HTTP error report now enables re-checking a feed's status
* Changed: Search results now always use the default "Surfer" newspaper style
* Changed: Options-related items moved to submenu of Tools menu, import/export-related items moved to submenu of File menu
* Changed: When the newspaper is grouped by title, items are now sorted by date rather than by title (so newer items come first)
* Fixed: Unresponsiveness while updating feeds due to auto-purging of older items
* Fixed: Focused post not highlighted in newspaper when using silver theme
* Fixed: Incorrect sizing of embedded browser after display resolution or multi-monitor settings changed
* Fixed: Enclosure URL doesn't appear in status bar when mousing over enclosure icon
* Fixed: Application fails to correctly minimize to the tray after clicking a mouse button that has been assigned to the "minimize" action
* Fixed: Incorrect startup screen position on single-monitor system when taskbar docked to left
* Fixed: Items in disabled feeds still get added during resync
* Fixed: Unsharing a single item (ie: deleting it from your shared items) fails to sync
* Fixed: Duplicate YouTube videos may appear in "Popular in My Subscriptions" if they use different formats
* Fixed: Feeds with invalid/expired certificates silently fail to update
* Fixed: Tags assigned to posts in un-synched feeds may be lost after converting the feeds to sync
* Fixed: Twitter avatars display even when "optimize for low bandwidth" is enabled
* Fixed: Cleanup wizard enables choosing to cleanup watches even when none exist
* Fixed: Printing a FeedDemon newspaper crops the last line of text from each page
* Fixed: Timeout errors with non-synched feeds that use temporary redirects to a different host name
* Fixed: Connection reset errors with non-secure feeds that redirect to secure URL
* Fixed: Reading all unread items in a feed doesn't remove it from the desktop alert when the desktop alert is "pinned" (so that it's always showing)
* Fixed: Summaries shown in newspaper may be very short for articles with several long hyperlinks in the first few sentences