Feed Demon 184.108.40.206
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Added: "Recommendations" report shows recommended feeds and posts (powered by Google Reader's new Explore feature)
* Added: Bandwidth optimizations added to Google Reader synchronization (most noticeable on slower connections)
* Added: Significantly faster tag synching, especially when a large number of tags exist
* Added: Numerous improvements to accuracy of popular topics
* Changed: Prefetch now defaults to skipping items older than 10 days instead of older than 5 days
* Changed: Subscription search now defaults to not doing whole word search
* Changed: Dropped separate panic dialog which appears when too many unread items exist in Google Reader
* Changed: "# items to display per page" now permits showing a single item per page
* Fixed: Crash when synching tags
* Fixed: Panic button displays a second time if a lot of unread posts still exist after it runs
* Fixed: ETags aren't quoted in If-None-Match headers
* Fixed: Unicode characters in item links not correctly escaped prior to navigation in browser
* Fixed: Unicode hints don't display correctly in status bar
* Fixed: After deleting all items from a feed, some of those items re-appear the next time the feed is updated
* Fixed: News item list doesn't reflect new items received while FeedDemon was minimized
* Fixed: Silent install still pops up license agreement notice
* Fixed: Blue Vista newspaper style shows "Subscriptions\Clippings Folders" at the top left when shared items selected
* Fixed: Hitting "Next Unread" on last unread folder marks folder read but doesn't remove it from view
* Fixed: Exception when selecting a feed in unread folder view when selected folder has just been marked read
* Fixed: Subscription search fails when search term contains an asterisk
* Fixed: Tags get re-added to items in watches if those items came from synched feeds and the watch was created by converting search results
* Fixed: FeedDemon fails to handle (rare) CAPTCHA challenge when logging into Google Reader
* Fixed: Incorrectly hyperlinking of URLs in synched Twitter feeds containing right-to-left text
* Fixed: FeedDemon permits the creation of non-synched folder names containing characters that aren't permitted by Google Reader, which causes problems if the folder is later synched